Oct 9 - Vs MSU - Home - Lose
    Oct 16 - Vs Iowa *HOMECOMING* - Home - Lose
    Oct 30 - Vs PSU - Away - Lose
    Nov 6 - Vs Illinois - Home - Win
    Nov 13 - Vs Purdue - Away - Win
    Nov 20 - Vs Wisconsin - Home - Lose
    Nov 27 - Vs OSU - Away - Lose

I say 7-5
    Well I was perfect on my predictions for this year. I must admit, I am amazed we even won 7 games with a total shit show for a kicking game, and no defense. Rich Rod has decimated this program, what a disgrace he is. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out!

If they can land Les Miles or Jim Harbaugh, Dick Wad is as good as gone. Won't be until after the bowl season though.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by jdustu View Post
    Here's is why I'm finally over Rodriguez: They are fundamentally terrible, and that aspect has not gotten better. They have athletes everywhere. And I'm not sold on the idea that they are "too small." They make too many mistakes in every facet of the game to win.

I still absolutely love the offensive scheme. Young qbs made some bad decisions, I can live with that. But the dropped passes are inexcusable. My apologies to Swifster, UM's receivers were terrible holding on to the ball. And how many times do you have to get called for a chop block before you realize that getting 15 yard penalties is a drive killer? FUNDAMENTALS. Week in and week out, they shot themselves in the foot.

I'm not in love with the defensive scheme, and with the youth on that side of the ball they weren't going to be great. But having one of the worst defenses in the country is INSANE. There were plenty of times when guys were in position to make plays and they flat out missed a tackle. That's a basic skill. And then, obviously there were those many times where guys weren't in position to make plays....inexperience, scheme, whatever...it falls on the coach. It would be one thing if the defense stayed merely bad, but they have regressed in a major way. They aren't 1 or 2 playmakers away from being a good defense...they had that last year with Warren and Graham and they still weren't "good".

And honestly, I think the biggest indictment of RR is the special teams. How do you not have a guy who can make a 30 yard FG? Or keep a kick off inbounds? Or punt a ball more than 25 yards? Or stop a returner after a possible momentum changing TD?

This team is fundamentally terrible, and they have gotten worse as time has gone on. If RR stays, despite being mistake prone this offense will be even better, but I'm not sure it will matter. Every offense gets stopped once in a while, see Oregon verus Cal. But their special teams and mediocre defense stepped up when it needed to. There has been zero indication that Michigan's is capable of that.
    I'm pretty much 100% with you on this. The offense is fantastic. Denard is a potential Heisman winner.

But the fundamentals SUCK with this entire team. From top to bottom, special teams, offense and defense. This is the worst tackling Michigan team I can remember and the worst kicking team ever. It's PATHETIC.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by stalked_R/T View Post
    If Brandon is going to avoid the complete cluster fuck that was the original coaching search, he needs to do something soon and here's why.

Lloyd Carr screwed Michigan over by waiting till he did to announce his retirement and leaving the way he did. Many like me were ready for it and was happy he decided to leave. The speculation and next month of rumors and misguided PR drops ruined this team. The little talent that Carr had left, bailed, or turned out to be useless. If Rod is gone, then make it known. Our bowl game isn't going to mean shit whether he stays here or not, so spare the whole "It'll affect the team if we name Rod as on the out".

Recruiting class. When Lloyd left, the class was pathetic and it didn't help that by the time the U of M was done pulling their head out of their ass it was too late to get any new talent worthwhile in here. We got another half assed class which just made the season that much less likely to be anything but a 3 win season. If Brandon waits till Jan 15th to make a change announcement and another 3 months of fucking around to name a coach which isn't their first pick anyway I'm going to lose all enjoyment in this program and become a Bulldog fan.

I'm not happy with the results so far, but they are getting better. Personally I say give him another year and evaluate how that turns out. Brandon is a Michigan Man, so it'll be interesting if he goes to his roots and pulls for Harbaugh or if he lets this play out. I am still happy that we don't have Carr anymore. It's a change for the better, it's just apparently getting to that full change that's the hard part.
    I can't believe how utterly clueless you are, seriously. Change for the better, really?

2008 - 3-9
    2009 - 5-7
    2010 - 7-5

That's "change for the better"? Listen to yourself dude. Did you... watch that game Saturday? Embarrassing. Pull your head out of your ass Ryan. As for Carr leaving the cupboard bare, that couldn't be further from the truth. Ever heard of this kid named Ryan Mallett?

If you want to talk shitty recruiting, look at Rich Rod. He hasn't done a fucking thing! you make my head hurt.
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    I can't believe how utterly clueless you are, seriously. Change for the better, really?

2008 - 3-9
    2009 - 5-7
    2010 - 7-5
    He's delusional. It's pointless argue with him. Back when Lloyd had 8-4 seasons, people like Ryan were screaming for his head. Now 8-4 sounds pretty good. Those 10-2, 9-3, 11-2, 12-0 seasons that we had with Lloyd... those are gone for a while.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    He's delusional. It's pointless argue with him. Back when Lloyd had 8-4 seasons, people like Ryan were screaming for his head. Now 8-4 sounds pretty good. Those 10-2, 9-3, 11-2, 12-0 seasons that we had with Lloyd... those are gone for a while.
    8-4 with actually having a chance to win those other 4 games sounds awesome, but clearly Ryan's boy dick wad is a "great" change. Can't believe it.
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    W

If they can land Les Miles or Jim Harbaugh, .

Bring in Les Miles so the program can continue to flounder
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by moneypit View Post
    Bring in Les Miles so the program can continue to flounder
    It should be Harbaugh or nothing. If they can't land him, RR should be given 1 more year. Granted if you can't pull 10 win out of next years schedule he doesn't deserve to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by natzke4 View Post
    It should be Harbaugh or nothing. If they can't land him, RR should be given 1 more year. Granted if you can't pull 10 win out of next years schedule he doesn't deserve to be there.
    Thing is, Rich Rod only has one year left on his contract. Generally they would either renew his contract or fire him at the end of this year, because a lame duck coach is horrible for recruiting.

I don't like the thought of having Les Miles that much either, and I doubt he would leave LSU, but he'd still be an upgrade.
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

I think Michigan should extend RichRods contract at least another five years. They are so close...

harbaugh isnt coming here
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Thread Information