Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Slave Labor?

Where's was this job three years ago!?

Hope a MM member gets that job and makes good with it.

Ill go for it Call me crazy but pay me $20 an hour and train me for a better future. Not a greedy ass like that mo fo. Im Mexican too, you know we are hard workers too, Bwahahahaahaha

Hell, I'd work $15 per hour while training. What kind of idiot would pass up $50k a year in MI?
    Joe formerly easy2cy
    '06 Ford Focus ZX5 5spd

He must be holding out for a management position.

Quote Originally Posted by easy2cy View Post
    Hell, I'd work $15 per hour while training. What kind of idiot would pass up $50k a year in MI?
    I wouldn't by choice go that low... Not saying this is for every business, but I have found that when you are hired in as a trainee or intern spot it makes it very difficult to achieve that financial status you were "talked" to about during the hiring process because they often throw in any and all hiccups/lack of experience tactic when it comes time to increase the pay. You basically have to kiss major ass and take a lot of shit for a while (1+ years) in order to get a small, almost unnoticeable, increase.

20/hr is fair for trainee/workers for this type of job and 25/hr is proper for someone with prior exp and or knowledge (degree/certs)

It IS a CNC position and not an assembly line or auto mechanics type of job

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beigg View Post
    I wouldn't by choice go that low... Not saying this is for every business, but I have found that when you are hired in as a trainee or intern spot it makes it very difficult to achieve that financial status you were "talked" to about during the hiring process because they often throw in any and all hiccups/lack of experience tactic when it comes time to increase the pay. You basically have to kiss major ass and take a lot of shit for a while (1+ years) in order to get a small, almost unnoticeable, increase.

20/hr is fair for trainee/workers for this type of job and 25/hr is proper for someone with prior exp and or knowledge (degree/certs)

It IS a CNC position and not an assembly line or auto mechanics type of job
    You talk like "CNC" is on the cutting edge and only a certain few know about it. I've been a CAD/CAM programmer for 4yrs and I have a degree for it and make $18hr! We're a dime a dozen in this economy and if the guy is that smug to turn down money like that he is obviously out of touch with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by 383s10tim View Post
    You talk like "CNC" is on the cutting edge and only a certain few know about it. I've been a CAD/CAM programmer for 4yrs and I have a degree for it and make $18hr! We're a dime a dozen in this economy and if the guy is that smug to turn down money like that he is obviously out of touch with reality.
    It's not necessarily flipping hamburgers.

I would contact Michigan unemployment offices and let them know he declined employment.
    10-1 says hes collecting unemployment compensation.

Holy fuck, if I was offered $25 an hour I would call you "massa" all day long
    Tyler
    2003 WW Evolution 8

"New Thread" & "Post Reply" button abuser Quick86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Gearbox View Post
    I would contact Michigan unemployment offices and let them know he declined employment.
    10-1 says hes collecting unemployment compensation.

Thread Information