Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Ruggirello, Gapp and Roush Mustang II

Guys...thanks for the kind comments too. I'm doing my absolute best to do the car justice. You wouldn't believe how many hours went into just getting that rear suspension setup just right. I spent many hours just studying the old photos/articles alone!

SD made it into the latest August issue of Modified Mustangs and Fords Magazine. Couple of details aren't right, but not a bad piece on the car. Photos are a bit dated now, since then I've completed sorting it out with only cosmetics left to do.

Last edited by SuddenDeath; 07-06-2011 at 06:49 PM. Reason: add article

YES my shit is slow and NO you can't drive it!

Where was the car when you found it? Im a little late to this game.

Did the wizard ever get back to you about that brain?????

I need more pics ever since I read the articles you posted I've been completly fascinated with this era I've been researching the subject like crazy knowing that all of this happened the same place's I go to cruise me only being 21 I had no idea things went to this extent

I found the car in New Jersey, sitting in a storage lot. It had been there almost 10 years.

Quick pic of the car with the rear suspension done. Stance is now back to original. The mufflers/pipes kind of bother me. The new headers are tucked up tighter than the original JR pieces were. I'm planning on modifying the trans crossmember a bit for clearance, so I can change the angle of the mufflers/pipes and they'll be tucked up nice and tight when finished.

I thought about sumping my tank like that! thought I had came up with some great new idea LOL.
    Lookin good.

Anyone have any old personal photos of this car? Anyone know who Joe Ruggirello sold the car to in Miami? I'm desperately trying to get some owner history on it, but I haven't been able to find a thing and no one has come forward as having owned the car in the past.

I believe Joe sold the car in 1981, according to Hot Rod Magazine (Gray Baskerville) it was to a guy in Miami. Apparently, it was in Florida until at least 1995 when I saw it at the Fun Ford Weekend in Gainesville, then disappeared again. At some point it was in Indiana for awhile, then off to New Jersey where I found it.

Any chance someone can help with some missing pieces?

Thanks!

Tom

Have stripped the car down for paint/body work! I've already taken the hood, fenders, hatch, bumpers, header panel, valence to the media blaster to be picked up this coming Friday. At least its a start at getting the car back to original.

Bottom end...4 bolt block, XE Can Am oil pump/pick up system, 4.15" stroke crank, Carrillo rods, BRC forged pistons, General Kenetics solid roller

Still hoping someone can add some owner history for me. Still haven't been able to identify who Joe Ruggirello sold the car to in Miami back in 1981.

Bad ass keep up the good work!!!!!!

Thread Information