Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Apparently, you can't fix stupid in Camp Mustang...

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by 4 cam tbird View Post
    The problem with that is they are close enough that whichever car Paul Tracy gets will win. Tanner's car only ever wins when it is way better than PT's car.
    That's why they each drive both car, even throw a 3rd driver in the mix.. Ken Block?

Quote Originally Posted by CMYZ28 View Post
    That's why they each drive both car, even throw a 3rd driver in the mix.. Ken Block?
    this !!

have the test done by someone who doesnt give a fuck which car wins

chevy does the test they do it on a track where they know they can win
    ford does the same thing

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by derbydad276 View Post
    this !!

have the test done by someone who doesnt give a fuck which car wins

chevy does the test they do it on a track where they know they can win
    ford does the same thing
    I dunno about the Ford comment since they won't post their test results

The results of the head to heads are pretty easy to find. That I know of, the cars have been tested head to head on a road course 5 times by auto publications. The GT500 was faster twice, the ZL1 was faster twice, and they were "tied" once (which I find stupid that they wouldn't add one extra digit and declare a winner). In acceleration tests, I think the GT500 won 74,023 - 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Paul or Sanders are our only help to get this thing back on track.

The 500 is lighter, has more power, and looks way better. In the 1/4 mile, it's not even a race.

That's really all I need to know about which one to choose....but I do applaud GM's efforts in the 'ring and I think Ford should have done the same.
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    The results of the head to heads are pretty easy to find. That I know of, the cars have been tested head to head on a road course 5 times by auto publications. The GT500 was faster twice, the ZL1 was faster twice, and they were "tied" once (which I find stupid that they wouldn't add one extra digit and declare a winner). In acceleration tests, I think the GT500 won 74,023 - 0.
    The GT500 is definately quicker in a straight line. Do you know off hand what publications those were in?

Quote Originally Posted by CMYZ28 View Post
    The GT500 is definately quicker in a straight line. Do you know off hand what publications those were in?
    Motor Trend, Car and Driver (twice), Inside Line and Automobile. Automobile is the one that declared it a tie. C&D used mag staff, Motor Trend was a pro, Inside Line don't know.

Elected Club Official

Motor Trend, Car and Driver (twice), Inside Line and Automobile. Automobile is the one that declared it a tie. C&D used mag staff, Motor Trend was a pro, Inside Line don't know.
    Thank you appreciate it!

You still owe me admitting that the ZL1 posted a better time at the Ring. Or we can wait for the times that Ford will never release because they weren't as fast. We had a gentlemans bet, but I guess the ball is in your court. Or are you still in denial?

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    You still owe me admitting that the ZL1 posted a better time at the Ring. Or we can wait for the times that Ford will never release because they weren't as fast. We had a gentlemans bet, but I guess the ball is in your court. Or are you still in denial?

-Geoff
    Wrong. You can ignore it for an eternity, but the fact is that SVT never said anything about what the GT500 would do in the 1/4 or 0-60 either, and it's not even remotely in the same ballpark as the ZL1 in those categories, so the "you don't release numbers because numbers not as good" theory is quickly debunked. How many runs did GM make at Milan making that video trying to convince their customers the car would run 11's "all day" after a bunch of magazines drivers showed up at Press Launch and started turning out high 12's and low 13's from 108-113 using the infallible launch control? I remember when SVT put out that video of the 500 running 11.50s@127 at Milan that same week...oh wait.

I'll declare a stalemate with you. They won't say what they run so I can't publicly prove it to you, and you won't believe it's faster than a ZL1 because you think they are hiding it.

Thread Information