Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Apparently, you can't fix stupid in Camp Mustang...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    You can't be dumb enough not to have read my post before your reply because I didn't mention 0-60, 1/4 mile, 0-150, or etc. Oh wait, I guess you are that dumb. Your words, not mine.

-Geoff
    Honestly, who gives a FUCK what any car does at the ring? Why are you beating that dead horse so badly? Most guys on this site care what these cars do from stoplight to stoplight. And they both ROCK!!

Quote Originally Posted by QWKSLVR View Post
    Honestly, who gives a FUCK what any car does at the ring? Why are you beating that dead horse so badly? Most guys on this site care what these cars do from stoplight to stoplight. And they both ROCK!!
    I agree. It is just fun to piss in their oatmeal. Plus it is fun to watch them make excuses. If anyone would understand, Jeff, I would expect it to be you!

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Forum Member

Raj I'm still down...
    I put it in a k&n and a flowmaster muffler...probly didn't add much, but atleast it sounds better lol
    Best she ever ran was 13.20@108

You can't be dumb enough not to have read my post before your reply because I didn't mention 0-60, 1/4 mile, 0-150, or etc. Oh wait, I guess you are that dumb. Your words, not mine.
    They even geared it so they could get to 60 without shifting so they could have a great time for that.

So the other numbers you're upset about are "horsepower and torque." I agree, I really think OEMs should leave those out from now on! Especially OEMs that put out 580 hp cars that end up running 13's at press launches. I mean, nobody can use a throttle on the street, but everyone makes a max effort single lap effort in Germany, so let's incessantly reference that in marketing materials!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Paul or Sanders are our only help to get this thing back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post

So the other numbers you're upset about are "horsepower and torque." I agree, I really think OEMs should leave those out from now on! Especially OEMs that put out 580 hp cars that end up running 13's at press launches. I mean, nobody can use a throttle on the street, but everyone makes a max effort single lap effort in Germany, so let's incessantly reference that in marketing materials!
    I am still trying to figure out where you are getting your info that Ford doesn't care about numbers. On the day the ZL1 is announced, Ford also releases just the horsepower numbers of the GT500 just give GM a big "fuck you". Then you guys on this board keep saying Ford doesn't care about stats. They must have been pretty proud of them to pull that move on GM! I think that is the stupid in Ford camp that resulted in the name change of this thread.

And like a said before, it is no big deal when a lighter car with more horespower wins at the dragstrip. It is a big deal when the lighter car with more horsepower loses at the road course, especially when paying extra for the race version. That is my point. And it is also why Ford went to The Ring, came back with their tail between there legs, and made up that bullshit story about letting the customers do it.

-Geoff

Also, are you guys going to deny that they put the tall first gear in just to get a good 0-60 time? That was just a "fluke"?

-Geoff

I am still trying to figure out where you are getting your info that Ford doesn't care about numbers. On the day the ZL1 is announced, Ford also releases just the horsepower numbers of the GT500 just give GM a big "fuck you". Then you guys on this board keep saying Ford doesn't care about stats. They must have been pretty proud of them to pull that move on GM! I think that is the stupid in Ford camp that resulted in the name change of this thread.
    Can you point me to an example in the history of sports cars, muscle cars, pony cars, any car, where an OEM introduced a car and said "This is the new 2013 Whatever" and didn't tell people what the horsepower was? That's the fucking dumbest argument I've ever heard in my life. "Ford only told people the horsepower of their muscle car as a 'fuck you' to GM." Uh, yeah, that's it. I guess this is the mindset that leads slow people to write "Open Letters" to sooth the sandy vaginas of their fans. Same mentality that had Rick Wagoner telling Ford in Mulally's office that broke ass days-from-insolvency GM wanted to merge with Ford to get their money, but the new company would be GM and GM would run it. "Everything is about me me me me me!"

Also, are you guys going to deny that they put the tall first gear in just to get a good 0-60 time? That was just a "fluke"?
    The tall first gear is to help put the power down on an aging chassis that can't fit bigger than a 285 tire in the rear. And it obviously works better than the whiz bang launch control in the ZL1 with bigger tires. Again, dude, you really have to be slow to keep obsessing over Ford doing things for stats...that Ford doesn't publicize or use as selling points.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Paul or Sanders are our only help to get this thing back on track.

Club Member

I love lamp.
    Chris White
    2022.5 Sierra Denali LM2
    2022 XT5 Sport
    2022 C8 3LT Coupe
    2022 ZL1
    2023 Escalade V

-Geoff
    Pretty sure the 1st gear is standard, they just have the tall rear gear, which was put in place to beat the gas guzzler tax and give the gt500 7mpg better highway rating
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    Can you point me to an example in the history of sports cars, muscle cars, pony cars, any car, where an OEM introduced a car and said "This is the new 2013 Whatever" and didn't tell people what the horsepower was? That's the fucking dumbest argument I've ever heard in my life. "Ford only told people the horsepower of their muscle car as a 'fuck you' to GM." Uh, yeah, that's it. I guess this is the mindset that leads slow people to write "Open Letters" to sooth the sandy vaginas of their fans. Same mentality that had Rick Wagoner telling Ford in Mulally's office that broke ass days-from-insolvency GM wanted to merge with Ford to get their money, but the new company would be GM and GM would run it. "Everything is about me me me me me!"

The tall first gear is to help put the power down on an aging chassis that can't fit bigger than a 285 tire in the rear. And it obviously works better than the whiz bang launch control in the ZL1 with bigger tires. Again, dude, you really have to be slow to keep obsessing over Ford doing things for stats...that Ford doesn't publicize or use as selling points.
    Obviously you live in a fantasyland. One in which everything you type must be true. You think all of that stuff is just an accident? You think it was a coincidence that they announced the horsepower of the GT500 on the day the ZL1 was announced? That is was just blind luck that the gearing allowed the GT500 to go to 60 before shifting? That Ford just decided to keep their track times secret? Are you fucking kidding me?

Don't be stupid. It is actually a pretty good plan to build the top dog - unfortunately it fell apart at the ring. It was a good try though.

-Geoff

Thread Information