Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Electrical engineers??

Default Electrical engineers??

Is anybody here in the field? Looking for some feedback on where the jobs are and if you like what your doing!

If you are looking at automotive, at GM we have been getting EE's in the interior and exterior lighting groups lately since most of the lighting has some sort of circuit in it. Traditionally they have all been put in the wiring and module groups. If you are strong in control systems you can go for calibration which is a little more fun.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

I'm still in the process of finishing my degree currently. I'm looking to specialize mostly in automotive systems

Here at Ford they are hiring a ton of engineers. It's hard to keep up with all the new hires. They're making a fortune and are expanding and dumping a ton of money into prototype vehicles, which is the sect that I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by mhthomas2010 View Post
    I'm still in the process of finishing my degree currently. I'm looking to specialize mostly in automotive systems
    Where are you going to school?

Do you want to work for the big 3? Or a big company in non-automotive? Or a smaller company?
    '00 Camaro
    PBMF > *

Screw a electrical engineer, get a journey man card in electrical and get into edision, work 50-60hrs a week and make a bunch more money and its not like DTE is going out of business anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LTLHOMER View Post
    Where are you going to school?Do you want to work for the big 3? Or a big company in non-automotive? Or a smaller company?
    Transfer student to Lawrence Tech in Southfield. I think ideally I'd like to be somewhere in a bigger company that might either be an auto supplier or new technology based producer.

Quote Originally Posted by 05cesrt View Post
    Screw a electrical engineer, get a journey man card in electrical and get into edision, work 50-60hrs a week and make a bunch more money and its not like DTE is going out of business anytime soon.
    Wait what? On average, one is better off with the EE degree. Dropping out to get a journey man card doesn't seem like sound advice.

Quote Originally Posted by mhthomas2010 View Post
    Transfer student to Lawrence Tech in Southfield. I think ideally I'd like to be somewhere in a bigger company that might either be an auto supplier or new technology based producer.
    I went to LTU for my undergrad. Great school.
    '00 Camaro
    PBMF > *

I'm in an automotive company and we are always looking for controls engineers. PM me and I can fill you in a little more
    -Joe

2004 Cobra N/A..my A.. a little bit of this...and some more of that (1 0f 227)

SOLD
    2000 mustang Gt Conv. Cold air induction, Dynomax c/b, o/r X-pipe, 4:10, subframe connectors, BBK underdrives, Hypretech III, etc... etc...
    2001 GSX-R600 -1 front +2 in the back, Akrapovich
    2004 Victory vegas

Forum Member

I work in control systems, lots of fun.

-Rob

Thread Information