Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Winter Repair - 418" Turbo Mustang - E85

All done! Thanks to my Dad and Brother for the help

Looks good Tim. Heres a question for you: You arent running water into your heater core correct? What is the purpose running water into the bypass of the thermostat housing? I blocked off my bypass on the thermostat housing (only because my electric waterpump doesnt have a port to take water there)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStang90 View Post
    Looks good Tim. Heres a question for you: You arent running water into your heater core correct? What is the purpose running water into the bypass of the thermostat housing? I blocked off my bypass on the thermostat housing (only because my electric waterpump doesnt have a port to take water there)
    no water to the heater core.

good question.....I left it because I figured it was just a bypass. I'm sure I could have simply gotten rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 98 Camaro View Post
    no water to the heater core.

good question.....I left it because I figured it was just a bypass. I'm sure I could have simply gotten rid of it.
    Fair enough. Just was wondering if I was doing something wrong lol. I've been told that the engine will run cooler with that blocked, and a few 1/8" holes drilled in the T-stat body. That's what I did on my build this time, I guess I will see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStang90 View Post
    Fair enough. Just was wondering if I was doing something wrong lol. I've been told that the engine will run cooler with that blocked, and a few 1/8" holes drilled in the T-stat body. That's what I did on my build this time, I guess I will see what happens
    now you make me want to delete it and see if it helps cooling......lol.

Well this is just internet hearsay. I dont know if it increases the cooling efficiency or not, but I will find out lol. If you do some researching on sbf coolant bypass block off, some threads on the topic appear in many different forums and state the it allowed there engine to run cooler.

Yes blocking the bypass helped my cooling issues, that was on my N/A Windsor.

FWIW Tim, with my bypass blocked off and the small holes drilled in my t-stat the car barely even gets 180. I checked my datalog from the pass the other day and car was 174F after the pass. I guess I should put a 195 in it.

Thread Information