Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nitrous noob

Default Nitrous noob

I bought this kit of a friend for $100, but I'm not sure if its complete or not. I have a bottle too that's not pictured but I've already had it cert'd and its ready to be filled. I know absolutely nothing about nitrous but would like to run this kit with a 100 shot on my LT1 just for shots and giggles until I do a 5.3 swap then I plan to spray that as well. I know I need to get a purge button and I think I need a window switch as well, I may just run it on a button that ill have to let off to shift anyway since the car stays above 3k I'd imagine once I'm out of 1st and going WOT. Is there anything else that it looks like I'm missing?

Motor is a stock LT1 (99k miles) with intake, long tubes, and exhaust, T56 trans. I don't plan to spray more than 100 on the LT because I don't want to deal with having to tune and that's what people seem to say is safe without it. I will be running two step colder plugs (NGK-BR7EF) and will mix some race gas into the 93 to fight knock. School me! Thanks.
    Last edited by chunkybs; 09-02-2013 at 07:14 PM.

If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

so u are pretty much just gonna spray 100 shot??? and with not tuning it?

yeah, pretty much. seems to be the general consensus that as long as it's a wet shot and you mix in some race gas with colder plugs that your fine without pulling timing for this small of a shot. the cars are rich from the factory. i don't want to deal with having my LT1 ecu socketed and mail ordering a tune when i'm only going to have the motor in the car for the rest of this season. not that it's my goal but if the motor lets go, i wouldn't shed a tear.

i will probably try and find a 255 fuel pump and throw it in as well just to be safe.

I sprayed 150 with no tune and pump gas... made 50 passes or more with no issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Other than a purge button, blow down tube, and nitrous filter, is there anything else you see missing from my kit?

Quote Originally Posted by chunkybs View Post
    i will probably try and find a 255 fuel pump and throw it in as well just to be safe.
    That should be fine.
    Other than a purge button, blow down tube, and nitrous filter, is there anything else you see missing from my kit?
    I think you can download a pdf installation guide and it should give you a fairly detailed diagram and parts list.

is a window switch a must? i really don't want to spend more on the damn switch than the rest of the kit lol.

is a window switch a must? i really don't want to spend more on the damn switch than the rest of the kit lol.
    Nah. Ive got a wot microswitch. I always used a push button for mine and held it along with my shifter. Auto car though.

that's what i was thinking to do too. i was going to mount it on the steering wheel so i had no choice but to let off it when i shift.

i won't be running it from a dig (stock rear end won't hold anyway) and i don't know how often it drops below 3k rpms when i'm doing 40 rolls.

Thread Information