Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LT1 people

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by BigWheelinBubba View Post
    I took the easy way out and put a piece of cardboard between the rad. and condenser for now. It has heat and runs around 185 at the most. It's been too cold to mess with it with no heat in the garage and my arthritis acting up.

I'll post some pics once it warms up enough to get it cleaned up.

I took it on a little ride to Almont the other day and it did surprisingly well on fuel, using a little over 1/8 tank there and back.. taking M53 there and a few back roads on the way back
    Arthritis?? Take some Geritol old man!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo86 View Post
    Did 94's have VATS enabled on the B-body LT1's? I know when I dropped a 96 Vortec drivetrain into my '72 C-10 I was worried about that but in that case they didn't implement it until 97.
    Yes. All LT1 cars had VATS, cop cars didn't have resistor keys, but still had some sort of VATS wired in. If you put a cop car controller in, it still looks for the VATS module unless somebody tuned the PCM and disabled it already.
    Mike
    99 Ultra Classic, 89 Softail, 67 Kaw 250

Quote Originally Posted by beertestr View Post
    Yes. All LT1 cars had VATS, cop cars didn't have resistor keys, but still had some sort of VATS wired in. If you put a cop car controller in, it still looks for the VATS module unless somebody tuned the PCM and disabled it already.
    Well all-righty then! I guess if this deal goes through with this LT1 I'll have to look you up again Mike.

Thanks
    TooSlo86 Racing

NMRA Factory Stock #10 for 2014

#5215 in 2013 TooSlo86 on Facebook

Thanks to; Scott Brown, Competition Components

Quote Originally Posted by beertestr View Post
    I thought the cop cars didn't have a VATS module installed from the factory? So if a car has no vats module and you put a new police computer in it, theoretically it should work then, right?
    Mike

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by BigWheelinBubba View Post
    I thought the cop cars didn't have a VATS module installed from the factory? So if a car has no vats module and you put a new police computer in it, theoretically it should work then, right?
    Cop car with a corvette engine??

It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

Quote Originally Posted by CMYZ28 View Post
    Cop car with a corvette engine??

It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
    Ctrl c...... Ctrl v..

I dunno how they did RPOs back then, these days the iron head 260HP caprice/Impala motor, the Aluminum heads 275 HP Camaro/Firebird Motor, and the 300 HP Corvette motor would probably have been different RPO's in this day and age.
    Mike
    99 Ultra Classic, 89 Softail, 67 Kaw 250

Did u figure out the actual hi temp issue,had 1 instance where the radiator was too high not allowing enough fluid level and heat soak ,drain system,fill system from the highest point on engine you can untill its full then check level in rad ,and readjust height if needed ,may need to remove the stat! overflow jug height is important also,i think

i think i see awd badge is it?

Quote Originally Posted by lone racer View Post
    Did u figure out the actual hi temp issue,had 1 instance where the radiator was too high not allowing enough fluid level and heat soak ,drain system,fill system from the highest point on engine you can untill its full then check level in rad ,and readjust height if needed ,may need to remove the stat! overflow jug height is important also,i think

i think i see awd badge is it?
    Temp issue was a 180* stat and the fan kicking on when the defrost is on. In cold temps it never got up to operating temp. Now that it (was) warmer it stays steady at 195-205.
    It's not AWD, those are the Safari XT emblems that look similar to the AWD emblems.
    Mike

Thread Information