Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone on here do bike repair? near Port Huron?

Damn that sucks!

Sorry to hear! But, atleast you're alive....I've already heard of quite a few motorcycle related deaths this year.

dont be afraid to get back on that horse.

how fast were you goin? wanna sell it? shoot me a number and a obvious broken parts list if so.

mystic858 - Damn, how did that happen? Glad you are relatively OK after the crash; not being able to walk for awhile would suck but at least you're ALIVE. Lots of cagers are "surprised" by motorcyclists at the beginning of the riding season (not that they really ever "see" bikers anyways).

standy - Sending a PM your way btw.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrouspete View Post

how fast were you goin? wanna sell it? shoot me a number and a obvious broken parts list if so.
    well...my best guess is that I was doing around 60mph....which would have been about25 over....thought a cop was behind me......long story short was I hit a cement curb...which snapped a chunk out of the front wheel. I went and looked at the bike today....it's really not that bad....all of the plastic is toast....which sucks cause it was one of the nicest paint jobs Ive seen on a busa. I should know more about it by the end of the week. I am going to try and buy it back from the insurance company.....but either want to sell it as a repairable, because it had low miles and was very nice.....or want to put the motor into something crazy. I'll keep everyone posted.
    96 Cobra w/8,xxx miles Kenne Bell w/supporting mods
    Tunned by Lidio making 420 RWHP and 440 RWTQ (SOLD)
    94 GT pro-street (sold)
    97 pacific green cobra (for sale)
    2001 Hayabusa
    2013 Ram 4" lift and 35's

Quote Originally Posted by mystic858 View Post
    well...my best guess is that I was doing around 60mph....which would have been about25 over....thought a cop was behind me......long story short was I hit a cement curb...which snapped a chunk out of the front wheel. I went and looked at the bike today....it's really not that bad....all of the plastic is toast....which sucks cause it was one of the nicest paint jobs Ive seen on a busa. I should know more about it by the end of the week. I am going to try and buy it back from the insurance company.....but either want to sell it as a repairable, because it had low miles and was very nice.....or want to put the motor into something crazy. I'll keep everyone posted.

bummer man, i been there. my pinky finger permanently looks like its broken (hit the cement wall dividing 696 at mound at about 130.)only issue with if it was insurance claimed at totaled, mite have a hard time getting a title for it.

You will be hard pressed to find another set of fairings in good shape. They're close to 2k for a mint set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nitrouspete View Post

Talked to them today...they don't want to give me much for the bike...so I have to talk to them again tomorrow...but it looks like I can get the bike back. The bike needs a new chrome front rim, all of the plastics, both grips, winchscreen, and headlight. What is the bike worth like this? I found a complete set of fairings already painted for $800. The bike has a chrome frame...and tons of other chrome. Don't want to pay too much...but whats it worth like this?? 2001 Busa with 6800 miles on it.
    96 Cobra w/8,xxx miles Kenne Bell w/supporting mods
    Tunned by Lidio making 420 RWHP and 440 RWTQ (SOLD)
    94 GT pro-street (sold)
    97 pacific green cobra (for sale)
    2001 Hayabusa
    2013 Ram 4" lift and 35's

what do u mean they don't want to give you much for the bike? what kind of insurance did you have? my bikes covered and up to 3000$ in accessorys. chrome, powder coat, and paint are accessorys.

Quote Originally Posted by mystic858 View Post
    Talked to them today...they don't want to give me much for the bike...so I have to talk to them again tomorrow...but it looks like I can get the bike back. The bike needs a new chrome front rim, all of the plastics, both grips, winchscreen, and headlight. What is the bike worth like this? I found a complete set of fairings already painted for $800. The bike has a chrome frame...and tons of other chrome. Don't want to pay too much...but whats it worth like this?? 2001 Busa with 6800 miles on it.
    Probably like 4-5k in good shape. It's worth what the motor kit costs on eBay in its current state. I've parted bikes out and you can't make shit off them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information