Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for those with sport bike experience

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/new...o-further.html

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/new...-600-read.html

Read these two links. I think you'd be better off in something like a sv650 or a gs500 or something of that sort. They're V-twin motors, have enough torque and power to get out of their own way yet they have pretty mild torque curves. Going from a dirt bike to a street bike is very different. It's a very different riding style. Just be smart in whatever you get, the bike will only go as fast as you can twist the throttle.

A mysterious figure named Darko DarkoStoj's Avatar

Out of all the bikes I've had or ridden the busa has been my favorite sport bike. My KTM adventure bike wins hands down as my all time favorite though.

250's are for chicks
    600's should have training wheels

if you have been riding a 250 dirt bike for years pony up for 1000 cc's and up

and my 2 cents worth Buy Harley chicks dig harley's

Find a Suzuki SV 650 and enjoy it. If you are a throttle twister, just interested in going fast in a straight line, then go find a Hyabusa and be done with it. If you want a sport bike because you want to carve corners and do track days, then the SV650 will keep you entertained for a long time.

I say this as someone who's ridden for 20+ years and used to race in the old GLRRA series.

Hayabusa was a great bike for me. Im 6'2' and 210lbs. Like someone else said.. you have to respect any bike you ride.

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

First off, as stated, if you're good on a dirt bike, you're ahead of most of the crowd. You know what you are capable of and you'll be fine.

I'm entering my 20th year of riding sportbikes on the street... And only you will know the right bike for you. I started on a 600, then spent several years on a TL1000R and a GSXR-1000. Now, I'm back to riding 600s and 750s... In my experience, liter bikes are just a dick swinging contest for expressway roll racers and shit talkers. 600s and 750s are more fun to ride, handle better, and are cheaper on gas and insurance. And modern 600s are better than 99% of the riders on them will ever need.

The ONLY reason that I would ever go back to a big bike would be for something like a cross country tour on a 'Busa, ZX-14, ZX11, etc.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Busa was my first street bike. Went to a grudged out gsxr 1k after that. Just gotta respect the power. Out of the years riding, never been down. I never rode like Petor and his buddies though. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive probably only ridden a sport bike 15 times, 3 separate bikes that I can think of, and they were all 600's. 2 Hondas and a kawi. they are a ton of fun, the kawi I got a little too confident on, and after riding it a few times, ran it through the gears on a country road, a cross wind from 2 farm fields pushed me toward the shoulder of the road and I panicked when the bike got close to the gravel. managed to haul it back away from the shoulder and slow down. last time I did that. from then on I just cruised.

the point im trying to make is, I was a novice rider on 2 wheels. (been on 4 wheelers my whole life) and until I got stupid, I was just fine on a 600. so the point being made by other people in this thread is true, if you have self control, you will be just fine. FWIW I am 6' 210ish and the 600's I rode were comfortable for me, I didn't feel too big on the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    First off, as stated, if you're good on a dirt bike, you're ahead of most of the crowd. You know what you are capable of and you'll be fine.

I'm entering my 20th year of riding sportbikes on the street... And only you will know the right bike for you. I started on a 600, then spent several years on a TL1000R and a GSXR-1000. Now, I'm back to riding 600s and 750s... In my experience, liter bikes are just a dick swinging contest for expressway roll racers and shit talkers. 600s and 750s are more fun to ride, handle better, and are cheaper on gas and insurance. And modern 600s are better than 99% of the riders on them will ever need.

The ONLY reason that I would ever go back to a big bike would be for something like a cross country tour on a 'Busa, ZX-14, ZX11, etc.
    I agree with the above.

I went to buy a brand new GSXR 750 and the two sales guys working at the shop asked it it was my first bike. I said yes and they told me I was going to kill myself and they talked me out of it, I went in that day to sign paperwork for a brand new 750 and they talked me into buying a used 600 from a private owner and not a new bike from their store.

The group I rode with when I did always switched bikes with one another so I rode plenty liter bikes as well but I couldnt do anything with them, at the time 5'7 125lbs it would pull up on me no mater what I did.

I ended up getting a CBR 600 and had a blast with that bike for two summers, first 6 months of owning it I put 8,000 miles on that sucker. Best and only bike I owned.

Anyway like noted above the new 600's are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by derbydad276 View Post
    250's are for chicks
    600's should have training wheels

if you have been riding a 250 dirt bike for years pony up for 1000 cc's and up

and my 2 cents worth Buy Harley chicks dig harley's

give me a break. 600's run high tens and are more bike than 99% of the population can ride to it's full potential, especially when you're not going in a straight line.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Good god I just realized I idolize MSU's program.

Thread Information