Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2015 Mustang: factory line-loc!!!

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    seems like a lot of work to engage it via the dash....
    Yeah, I set mine up so I just had to push a button on the side of the shifter.

The car in the video sounds so much better than the first video that was put out months back. It now sounds smooth rather than sounding like a Beretta GT. I do not like the side profile of the front clip though.

I love the look of the new mustangs. This line lock is great. I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more car makers using this in the future.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    The car in the video sounds so much better than the first video that was put out months back. It now sounds smooth rather than sounding like a Beretta GT. I do not like the side profile of the front clip though.
    x2

Having a line lock in a factory car is awesome.

Advertising it as "ready for the track" but then voiding the warranty if you use it for what is designed for takes away every bit of cool factor that's put into it.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Quote Originally Posted by AutoEuphoria View Post
    Wonder if that voids the warranty...wouldn't be the first time Ford has included a feature that voids the warranty if used
    There has been more clarification. Looks like if you are "racing" then buh-bye but "testing" then ok? Kinda vague.

Personally, I tend to void my warranties almost immediately and I'm good with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sardeanie View Post
    There has been more clarification. Looks like if you are "racing" then buh-bye but "testing" then ok? Kinda vague.

Personally, I tend to void my warranties almost immediately and I'm good with it.
    reminds me of the nissan stuff and turning off traction control.

I seriously doubt this will turn out anything like the GT-R debacle. That was piss poor management and engineering all around on Nissan's behalf.

Of all of the guys I track with, none have ever been denied warranty work due to them tracking - ZR/Z0/Turbo S/458/Viper/Camaro/Mustang/M Series/AMG etc. Even when the dealer is told they have tracked the car, it never matters. All the OEMs want to do is avoid becoming some scammer asshole's racing sponsor. If you take a Boss 302 to the track and it breaks, Ford is going to fix it (assuming stock). If you take it in for 50 warranty claims on slicks with a tow hook, and go through 3 motors... they are going to deny you. Rightfully so. I don't see why this Mustang would be any different. As usual, I see the Jalopnik shitbags are all over blowing this one out of proportion. 99% of them won't buy this car, and 99% of them that do won't track it, yet this gives them something to bitch about. Ford will stand behind these cars, they just have to protect themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedGarage View Post
    As usual, I see the Jalopnik shitbags are all over blowing this one out of proportion. 99% of them won't buy this car, and 99% of them that do won't track it, yet this gives them something to bitch about. Ford will stand behind these cars, they just have to protect themselves.
    I always wondered if Jalopnik people even rode in cars, let alone drove them.

Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post
    I always wondered if Jalopnik people even rode in cars, let alone drove them.
    Its tough to get a license and a car when you never leave your parents basement. They all act like they could be chairman of any OEM, but they post bs online 24/7 and haven't worked one day in the industry to understand it. Ford doesn't sell thousands of mustangs a month by dicking over customers and refusing warranty work.

Thread Information