Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Official

Default It's Official

As if Motor Trend wasn't a big enough joke already.

Toyota Tundra Named Truck of the Year
    Tuesday December 18, 1:43 pm ET
    By Corey Williams, Associated Press Writer
    Motor Trend Names Toyota Tundra Its 2008 Truck of the Year

DETROIT (AP) -- The full-size pickup Toyota Tundra is Motor Trend's 2008 truck of the year, the magazine announced Tuesday.

Motor Trend's editors said the Tundra is a match for Detroit rivals the Ford F-150, Chevrolet Silverado and Dodge Ram in dimensions and performance. The Silverado won the award a year ago.

"The question on everybody's mind was whether Toyota could use its manufacturing and marketing muscle to compete with the big boys on their home turf," Motor Trend editor-in-chief Angus MacKenzie said in a statement.

"The answer can be found in one of the biggest and most capable vehicles in the segment and one that can compete with any American-made pickup truck, at any level."

Featuring one V-6 and two different V-8 powertrains, the Tundra showed impressive performance, load carrying and towing capabilities, the magazine said. The Toyota Motor Corp. product also impressed the judges with various options, such as different bed sizes, wheelbases, cab designs and other packages.

The all-new Tundra beat out the Silverado Heavy Duty, GMC Sierra Heavy Duty and Ford F-Series Super Duty for the honor. Each had to be new or redesigned and released in the 12 months before Jan. 1, 2008 to contend for the honor.

Toyota has been trying to lure owners of Ford Motor Co.'s F-Series pickup and the redesigned Silverado. Both American companies have said they will continue to fight to hold their shares of the truck market.

The announcement of the Tundra's win came four days after Toyota said problems with a propeller shaft connected to the rear axle of four-by-four versions of the 2007 Tundra was forcing it to recall 15,600 of the pickups in the United States.

The problem that prompted the recall did not show up on vehicles tested by Motor Trend judges, MacKenzie said.

"Recalls are inevitable in an industry producing complex pieces of machinery like cars and trucks," he said. "We are satisfied the company has moved fast to rectify the issue and that it does not alter our view of the fundamental excellence of the vehicle."

Motor Trend named the new Cadillac CTS its 2008 car of the year last month and the 2008 Mazda CX-9 as its sport utility vehicle of the year in October.

Toyota shares rose 41 cents, or 0.39 percent, to $105.60 Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Paul or Sanders are our only help to get this thing back on track.

Toyota paid them big.
    '91 Firebird - LC2 3.8, 6776S Turbo, Alkycontrol, S60 Rear, ProBuilt 700

Yeah I saw that.

Truck of the year with recalls and tailgate issues. Way to go Motor Trend
    If I had money like Henry Ford, Lord I’d have me a woman on every road, But someday baby,You ain’t worry my life anymore

People say he's a nice, but they also said that about Ted Bundy

<----Jesus loves you, but I think you're a cunt

Club Member

Nick

What I find the biggest fucking joke is that Toyota wants to go after the HD guys yet uses a fucking GMC truck to tow their trailers!?!!??!
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWjTbiYo3x0

Piece of shit Toyota almost flies apart on test track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRfE_...eature=related

Piece of shit Toyota frame flexes like warm butter stick. Watch from 5:00 forward. That shit blows my mind.

How the FUCK can anyone in their right mind draw this conclusion? Tell me it's the Silverado. Tell me it's the F-150, but please don't look at this garbage ass Toyota that buckles tail gates, flexes like crazy, nearly falls apart on rough terrain, and tell me it's in any way comparable to these two.

One last note, someone I know recently was part of a testing day comparing all kinds of different cars to assess where they ranked against each other. One set of vehicles was the current Silverado, current Tundra, and the next-gen F-150.

His assessment (and the universal assessment of the others) was that the next F-150 was the best, which isn't surprising because it's the newest, the Silverado was pretty good, but the Tundra was an absolute piece of shit. Everyone that took part was flabbergasted at what garbage the Tundra was compared to the Chevy and Ford.

So who the fuck do they have making these decisions at Motor Trend?

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post

Boosted gt must of gotten a new job that we didn't know about...
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    One last note, someone I know recently was part of a testing day comparing all kinds of different cars to assess where they ranked against each other. One set of vehicles was the current Silverado, current Tundra, and the next-gen F-150.

His assessment (and the universal assessment of the others) was that the next F-150 was the best, which isn't surprising because it's the newest, the Silverado was pretty good, but the Tundra was an absolute piece of shit. Everyone that took part was flabbergasted at what garbage the Tundra was compared to the Chevy and Ford.

Toyota gives great head

man Toyota must pay well... I need to get a job at motor trend

Thread Information