Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying a lawnmower this weekend????

Anything with a briggs and stratton engine should be good to go

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by YLWFVR View Post
    Anything with a briggs and stratton engine should be good to go

This man knows what he's talking about.. Most companies dont use their own engines, no reason to pay for a name brand mower if it uses the same parts etc.

In the back of a jacked up tailgate. Sittin' 'round watchin' all these pretty things.

i don't cut my own grass. But when i did i have club cadet and troy products
    "BUILT not BOUGHT"

95 F250 4x4 12"s of lift on 38s
    Cummins swap someday

To attempt the destruction of our passions is the height of folly. What a noble aim is that of the zealot who tortures himself like a madman in order to desire nothing, love nothing, feel nothing, and who, if he succeeded, would end up a complete monster!

Denis Diderot

Club Member

i think lowes still sells john deere.. no discount for getting there before season, unless someone has bought and returned it already. expect to pay ~$400 for one.
    Mike

- 98 gt forged and blown, just a lil...

Forum Member

How big a lawn are you mowing? I had a Monkey Wards (made by MTD) riding mower that lasted quite a while, and bought a John Deere rider to replace it. The knock against it is the mulching portion doesn't work worth a crap, so if you don't mind raking it's OK. The mulching kit just closes the exit hole on the deck, actual mulching blades would be a big help. Consumers report give the Deere & Cub Cadet high marks for the price, I think I bought the Deere because we have an actual John Deere dealer nearby so parts & repairs won't be an issue.

nomnomguy "Got Milk?" Buuhbye guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrvids View Post
    How big a lawn are you mowing? I had a Monkey Wards (made by MTD) riding mower that lasted quite a while, and bought a John Deere rider to replace it. The knock against it is the mulching portion doesn't work worth a crap, so if you don't mind raking it's OK. The mulching kit just closes the exit hole on the deck, actual mulching blades would be a big help. Consumers report give the Deere & Cub Cadet high marks for the price, I think I bought the Deere because we have an actual John Deere dealer nearby so parts & repairs won't be an issue.
    not big enough to spend $400

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhbye guy View Post
    not big enough to spend $400
    Just get one of these and call it a day

nomnomguy "Got Milk?" Buuhbye guy's Avatar

lol

Go to weingartz off van dyke between hall road and 21 mile. Talk to a sale guy named terry. Tell him your budget and he will work with you. we buy thousands of dollars every year thru him and hes a good guy. Toro, Honda and deere are going to all do the same thing basically. maybe you wanna Look on craigslist though for something cheep. We keep a small mower in all the landscaping trailers for small things and never wanna buy them new. We've got 500 self propelled mowers for 150.00 on CL. its worth a shot before going new.

1998 C5- Supercharged to keep up with traffic
    2004 F-250 Superduty

I also have to say craftsman. Although I wouldn't think anyone makes a bad mower.

Thread Information