Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Apparently, you can't fix stupid in Camp Mustang...

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    You always want to talk straightline speed when it comes to the Camaro vs Mustang debate, so let's talk about the cars most of us can afford. Outside of you and a few other in Motown, most of us can only afford Mustang GT's or SS's.

Ford always has, and always will need SVT to beat the camaro in the quarter (and for a while, they needed it to beat the Trailblazer SS, AN SUV! )
    I just think Al Oppenheiser is a douche, and that was the point of this thread if you go back to the beginning, and the reason I give the car shit. It's obviously a very competent, albeit slow, car. If Al is gonna be a white trashy, tubby, mom-jeans wearing loudmouth, at least he could get his shit straight before popping off. There was a whole lotta "Oh the GT500 can't put the power down and our launch control is perfect" shit talking before the cars came out, which looked pretty pathetic once reality set in.

Again: "We've done simulations. We predict that the ZL1 will be quicker to 60 than the [2013] GT500." You have to admit, that was one of the most amusingly stupid attempts at shit talking ever produced. I would try and do better, but I don't have the simulation equipment necessary, and apparently those simulators can get out of whack pretty easily.

*ps* and it all started with Oppenheiser's incredibly gay temper tantrum manifesto to "Camaro Nation" crying after the GT500 specs were released. I can see Luca di Montezemolo sitting at his desk now writing a bitch ass whiny letter about the McLaren 12C spider specs after the 458 Spider came out. Or not.
    Last edited by DBK; 01-26-2013 at 01:17 PM.
    Paul or Sanders are our only help to get this thing back on track.

Forum Member

You always want to talk straightline speed when it comes to the Camaro vs Mustang debate, so let's talk about the cars most of us can afford. Outside of you and a few other in Motown, most of us can only afford Mustang GT's or SS's.

Ford always has, and always will need SVT to beat the camaro in the quarter (and for a while, they needed it to beat the Trailblazer SS, AN SUV! )

From Edmunds:

Camaro SS - 0 - 60: 5.1 sec. 1/4 mile: 13.1 @ 110.4 60 - 0 Braking: 111 ft. Slalom: 68.2 mph Skidpad: 0.89 g

Mustang GT - 60: 5.1 sec. 1/4 mile: 13.3 @ 107.3 60 - 0 Braking: 117 ft. Slalom: 65.9 mph Skidpad: 0.87 g

Source:

http://blogs.edmunds.com/karl/2010/0...ustang-gt.html
    I'll count the Boss 302 in my garage as something I can afford.

Mustang Boss 302 0-60: 4.0 1/4 mile: 12.3 sec @ 115.8 mph Braking: 108 ft Skidpad: 0.98G

Source: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...t/viewall.html

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    I just think Al Oppenheiser is a douche, and that was the point of this thread if you go back to the beginning, and the reason I give the car shit. It's obviously a very competent, albeit slow, car. If Al is gonna be a white trashy, tubby, mom-jeans wearing loudmouth, at least he could get his shit straight before popping off. There was a whole lotta "Oh the GT500 can't put the power down and our launch control is perfect" shit talking before the cars came out, which looked pretty pathetic once reality set in.

Again: "We've done simulations. We predict that the ZL1 will be quicker to 60 than the [2013] GT500." You have to admit, that was one of the most amusingly stupid attempts at shit talking ever produced. I would try and do better, but I don't have the simulation equipment necessary, and apparently those simulators can get out of whack pretty easily.

Or just ignore the facts I posted and talk about the chief engineers apperence. I expected better from you dude. I can see why you're so slanted now though.

Quote Originally Posted by JustANeon View Post
    I'll count the Boss 302 in my garage as something I can afford.

Mustang Boss 302 0-60: 4.0 1/4 mile: 12.3 sec @ 115.8 mph Braking: 108 ft Skidpad: 0.98G

Source: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...t/viewall.html
    Yeah but we're not talking apples to apples now though. The Boss is another $12k over a GT? Not even in the same ballpark as a "base" mustang or camaro.

I like both vehicles for the record. My next car my very well be a Ford. In the end this camaro vs mustang war is a good thing for all of us.

Or just ignore the facts I posted and talk about the chief engineers apperence. I expected better from you dude. I can see why you're so slanted now though.
    I'm not disputing that a Camaro SS is faster in a straight line than a Mustang GT.

If Jamal went out running his mouth incorrectly like an idiot about an SVT product, I would give him shit too, but he's not an idiot, so the odds of that happening are slim.

I'm not disputing that a Camaro SS is faster in a straight line than a Mustang GT.
    There it is. Camp camaro guys just blew a load on their keyboard.

There it is. Camp camaro guys just blew a load on their keyboard.
    You know that in the past I owned multiple GM cars right?

You know that in the past I owned multiple GM cars right?
    I know. You know SVT kept me employed for quite a while with the GT program.

It's just not to often you hear someone on the other side in the mustang vs camaro debate admit the other side is indeed faster in the 1/4. It's almost unheard of.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

I know. You know SVT kept me employed for quite a while with the GT program.

It's just not to often you hear someone on the other side in the mustang vs camaro debate admit the other side is indeed faster in the 1/4. It's almost unheard of.
    What? You want to go sig for sig? Your team was a campaign slogan for the DNC dude! SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING THAT

What? You want to go sig for sig? Your team was a campaign slogan for the DNC dude! SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING THAT
    Ouch. Debate is officially over, Ford wins.

Thread Information