Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: READ ME - Motown Muscle Race #2 - Milan on Saturday, October 11th - READ ME

Default READ ME - Motown Muscle Race #2 - Milan on Saturday, October 11th - READ ME

It’s a big change in plans so please read the info below.

This will be our final "official" race for this year. We'll try to sneak in an invasion trip if the weather holds out.

Race #2 will be at Milan Dragway (http://www.milandragway.com/) on Saturday, October 11th. This will be our standard Saturday morning times with Track opening at 8:30 for Tech and racing at 9:00AM. We'll run our program to Noon and be followed by the regular Milan Saturday TNT events at 1:00PM.

Milan has offered to allow the MM Club Members to continue to run for free during the afternoon TNT session which starts at 1PM and will be running until 5PM. So we want to thank our sponsors at Milan in advance for the bonus time for the club members and remind everyone to get caught up on their dues or join before Race Day so that you are on the Club Member Roster sheets that we give to the staff at the gate.

Everyone is welcome to come race, but only Active Club Members will be awarded Point Series Points to have a shot at getting your name on the MM Chris Jackson Memorial Cup for the 2008 race season.

Schedule:
    8:30AM - Gates open and tech starts
    9:00AM - Lanes open for TNT
    10:30AM - Classes start running
    Noon - Awards and wrap up

1PM - 5PM - Free Milan TNT for paid MM Club Members

6PM - NOET Street Nationals - $40 for grudge racing where almost anything goes and it all goes fast.

Cost Info:
    This event will pay for your club membership for the year by itself.

Club Members that are current on their dues will race for $40.

Guests can race for $55. If you are not a club member yet, but want to race for free in the TNT afternoon session, you need to sign up by Friday, October 10th.

Spectators get in free as always. So bring the family or come watch your friends and have a good time.

All classes require the standard safety equipment for your speed/ET to clear tech. If the track tells you to slow down... then that's what we have to do. We will allow the racers to run NoET during the TNT sessions. There may be an additional charge for this by Milan. So please check with the Milan Staff up in the Timing Tower if you only want to run NoET to prep for the NoET Nationals later in the evening.

Class Summary:
    Class 1 - Run what you brung quick 16. Fastest 16 cars get a shot at heads up racing. It's heads up, pro tree racing.

Class 2 - 11.99 and faster ET bracket racing. This one should have it all with turbo(s), juice and some SC cars coming out to play. Street tires, DRs and Slicks keep the racing fun and fast.

Class 3 - 12.00 and slower ET bracket racing. The battles are heating up in this competitive class.

There will not be a cash prize at this event. We will be doing the regular scoring for the year end trophy recognition and whatever prizes we can come up with for the Holiday party.

Point Series Scoring:
    1st place finish-5pts
    2nd place finish-3pts
    3rd place finish-1pt
    4th place finish-1pt
    01 Black on Black Trans Am WS-6... hrrmmmmmmm it might be a barn find????

Kewl I'm in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.M. View Post
    Kewl I'm in!!!
    wanna race? you have to run 87 octane though
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

All I have run is 94 all year. That is what will be in the tank. We can do somthing for fun. You will win anyways... ( i sleep on the tree)

but your like .9 quicker in the 1/4
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

We're all gonna have to NO ET the morning...otherwise the night action could not work out very well.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    We're all gonna have to NO ET the morning...otherwise the night action could not work out very well.
    says the person with his et in the sig

I am going to try and make it with the '65.

I'll be in sandbagger mode with 17's and a look like this....

Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Thread Information