Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AutoLavish Article Series: Be Careful Who You Trust Your Car To!

Default AutoLavish Article Series: Be Careful Who You Trust Your Car To!

Here's one of our latest articles posted on the difference a competent professional can make. We were brought this hammered BMW 7 series after another detailing service nearly ruined it. Here are a few preview shots (keep in mind this is only a few weeks after the other guys "detailed" it):

After "Test Sections" : these are trial sections we tape off in order to figure out how hard or soft the paint is, and how it will respond to different polishs, machines, backing plates (the interface between the buffer and pad), etc.

Full article link: http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...iler-can-make/
    AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care
    www.autolavish.com

Read our Professional Detailing Articles Here

Like / Follow us on Facebook!

Got a Detailing or car care question? Ask us here!

Wow, that is amazing! I am speechless to the quality of work and optimal attention to detail you guys possess. I will be looking you up in the spring (or even now if you prefer, I have a 3 car garage with lots of room) to fully detail my car.
    -Joe

2004 Cobra N/A..my A.. a little bit of this...and some more of that (1 0f 227)

SOLD
    2000 mustang Gt Conv. Cold air induction, Dynomax c/b, o/r X-pipe, 4:10, subframe connectors, BBK underdrives, Hypretech III, etc... etc...
    2001 GSX-R600 -1 front +2 in the back, Akrapovich
    2004 Victory vegas

Official Motown Events Director Hugger Z's Avatar

Wow. awesome save there! And great write-up. You guys continue to amaze with your obvious talents. Do you offer a mentoring program to train people in your mad skilz? I see a line of Autolavish apprentices lining up.
    My Toys: Hugger Orange 1999 Z28 6-Spd Twin Turbo
    1937 Chevy Pick Up Extended Cab (1 of 1)
    Future Toy: Orange Ultima GTR or SLC...

Quote Originally Posted by Topless_Pony_00 View Post
    Wow, that is amazing! I am speechless to the quality of work and optimal attention to detail you guys possess. I will be looking you up in the spring (or even now if you prefer, I have a 3 car garage with lots of room) to fully detail my car.
    Thanks for the kind words. We work hard to try to give the best service to each client that comes our way and would love to earn your business as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugger Z View Post
    Wow. awesome save there! And great write-up. You guys continue to amaze with your obvious talents. Do you offer a mentoring program to train people in your mad skilz? I see a line of Autolavish apprentices lining up.
    Thanks a lot Tony. We'll have more articles coming with a lot of good car care tips, product reviews, and how-to's this year we'll continue to post. While there's no mentoring program, we certainly are open with our knowledge (such as the Ask AutoLavish thread), and hope to open a shop in the coming year or so. While we tried to keep a 4 hour minimum in the past, we'll likely start offering more wash and wax type deals for those interested in smaller work through-out this year.
    www.autolavish.com

you should do a video on removing creases from leather cause Im not having any luck
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Hmm... sorry to hear. I might not be able to have much better luck than you do though honestly. I know enough about leather to understand proper care and maintenance, but I'm not a leather expert; no dying, molding, etc background.

Have you tried an upholstery shop?
    www.autolavish.com

I read this article a few days ago and was astounded that someone tried to pass off that car as one that was "detailed". Seems like a quack with a buffer can pass off their services to someone. Glad to see a great save and lots of info here for us amateurs.

If you ever have a workshop for DA owners, I'd love to learn some more effective strategies. I've got a heavily swirled DD that needs some TLC, and it's a perfect car to practice on.

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Amazing work as usual. You guys are the best. As soon as I can, I'm going to be bringing you the SRT8. I'm sure the cost of your work will be recouped when I sell it.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

awesome work!
    1990 GT 25th Anny
    2012 Grand Sport 100th Anny

What is worng with people... what did that shop use on the end of their wheel, a 500 grit sheet of sand paper? Car looks great, nice work. I owned 2 detail shops back in the day, Id have to say I have never seen one that bad.

Thread Information