Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Washer/Dryer opinions

Club Member

Default Washer/Dryer opinions

Washer took a shit, so I'm looking for new appliances. I have a couple questions:

1) Anyone have a hook-up?
    2) My head's spinning with all this new tech (i.e. high efficiency, front-loading, etc.) I think I'd prefer a traditional top-loading, agitator washer and gas dryer. With that said, is there anything decent in the $1,000 - $1,200 range (for both), or do I need to bump my budget up? Thus far I've gotten "buy maytag, whirlpool, or kenmore." Well, the appliances in my budget have gotten really shitty reviews online.
    Last edited by jhilla68; 07-16-2012 at 07:46 PM.
    -Joe
    2015 Chevrolet Malibu 2LTZ
    1961 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

I have a super fancy front load washer and drier............. and they are alllllllways fucking up.

If I had to do it again I would get top load awesomeness. I have however been able to go online, figure out the problem, hit up the repair clinic (beck&mich ave) and fix the problem myself.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post
    I have a super fancy washer and drier............. and they are alllllllways fucking up.
    Dude....this is what I keep hearing! It seems like whatever washer I buy, it's going to be a flaming pile of shit. Whether it be $350 or $1,899. Just found a dude on CL with a ton of appliances for sale and he'll even deliver.

I will now proceed to get drunk to ponder my purchasing decision.
    -Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jhilla68 View Post
    Dude....this is what I keep hearing! It seems like whatever washer I buy, it's going to be a flaming pile of shit. Whether it be $350 or $1,899. Just found a dude on CL with a ton of appliances for sale and he'll even deliver.

I will now proceed to get drunk to ponder my purchasing decision.

I would try and keep saving money.... I have a buddy at abc and I'll pm someone about bestbuy. Find something like is scratched dented shit like that, no one sees um its not like it matters.

Mine look like these... huge piles!

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post
    I would try and keep saving money.... I have a buddy at abc and I'll pm someone about bestbuy. Find something like is scratched dented shit like that, no one sees um its not like it matters.
    Cool...I appreciate it and please let me know! There's an ABC right by the house that I might run up to tomorrow. We're down the washer and that'll only be able to last for a few days.

I can swing whatever (well, within reason ), I just didn't want to exceed like $1,200. I should be able to get away something halfway decent for around $1,500 based on what I'm finding.

And I'm convinced that I'll stick with the traditional top-loader with agitator.
    -Joe

Check out Kenmore Elite high efficiency top loaders. They're quiet, have huge capacity, and won't break the bank. They don't have an agitator so nothing gets wrapped and shredded around it.

Forum Member

I got an LG top loader (silver), I got them on sale at Home Depot. They seem to have good appliance sales during a major holiday (if you can wait). Retail: $1100 Each, but got them both for $1400. The front loaders also suck because you need to wipe down the rubber seal or it will smell like mold.

Quote Originally Posted by jhilla68 View Post
    Cool...I appreciate it and please let me know! There's an ABC right by the house that I might run up to tomorrow. We're down the washer and that'll only be able to last for a few days.

I can swing whatever (well, within reason ), I just didn't want to exceed like $1,200. I should be able to get away something halfway decent for around $1,500 based on what I'm finding.

And I'm convinced that I'll stick with the traditional top-loader with agitator.
    My buddy works at plymouth rd and middlebelt in livonia... Im expecting a call back.

Forum Member

Maytag bravos here, previous owner left for us. Best units I've ever used, but would I spend the 2k they did...I dunno

Are they bad ass-> yes
    Any complaints -> Hell no
    Last edited by 04GoaT; 07-16-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Thread Information