Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: EBT cards & strip clubs

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post
    the system is sooooooooo fucked up it will never be fixed.

Those cards should be only usable at legit grocery stores hand down.... You are right you cant tell people where they can and cant buy milk, BUT if you sell smokes and booze to people with an EBT card THE BUSINESS should lose the right to accept the EBT card.
    Great idea, but the problem is every krogers and meijers also sells smokes and booze. The other problem is that there are no grocery stores in the city. So they are forced to do there shopping at party stores and gas stations. Also, even though there are certain things that they are not suppose to buy with them, the store owners will just ring the purchase up as something else and charge them extra to do it. And besides, just because your poor doesn't mean you don't deserve a lap dance once in a while. haha
    Not a mustang!, 84 TransAm street car! 350 SBC on E85, Dart heads, T400, ford 9"

Quote Originally Posted by TWOBEERS View Post
    Great idea, but the problem is every krogers and meijers also sells smokes and booze. The other problem is that there are no grocery stores in the city. So they are forced to do there shopping at party stores and gas stations. Also, even though there are certain things that they are not suppose to buy with them, the store owners will just ring the purchase up as something else and charge them extra to do it. And besides, just because your poor doesn't mean you don't deserve a lap dance once in a while. haha
    Every item has a UPC code. Most stores have scanners, and it's integrated into automated inventory management/ordering. It should not be too difficult to set up a database of accepted and not-acceptable items. Even produce has PLC codes.

Scan a 40oz. No EBT debit. Scan a jug of milk, ding!.. Scan a pack of Swisher Sweets, no debit.. they can then go home with a bag of groceries and get on their government funded broadband internet.

If a shop, even a corner bodega, wants to accept EBT, they have to meet certain requirements. Sure they can still scan one item and sell another, but now you are committing more traceable fraud.
    Mike
    99 Ultra Classic, 89 Softail, 67 Kaw 250

Quote Originally Posted by beertestr View Post
    Every item has a UPC code. Most stores have scanners, and it's integrated into automated inventory management/ordering. It should not be too difficult to set up a database of accepted and not-acceptable items. Even produce has PLC codes.

Scan a 40oz. No EBT debit. Scan a jug of milk, ding!.. Scan a pack of Swisher Sweets, no debit.. they can then go home with a bag of groceries and get on their government funded broadband internet.

If a shop, even a corner bodega, wants to accept EBT, they have to meet certain requirements. Sure they can still scan one item and sell another, but now you are committing more traceable fraud.
    Its still bullshit because the lowlifes will spend there $40 a week for food that they earn on booze and smokes and the $50 from EBT on groceries, when they could spend the original $40 on groceries, and not be able to afford beer/cigs
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

Quote Originally Posted by cjmatt View Post
    Its still bullshit because the lowlifes will spend there $40 a week for food that they earn on booze and smokes and the $50 from EBT on groceries, when they could spend the original $40 on groceries, and not be able to afford beer/cigs
    Sigh... yep..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Mike

This might be appropriate.

I was talking to a friend's little girl, and she said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, 'If you were to be the President, what is the first thing you would do?'

She replied, 'I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people.' 'Wow - what a worthy goal.' I told her, 'You don't have to wait until you're President to do that. You can come over to my house and mow, pull weeds, and sweep my sidewalks and driveway, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food or a new house.' She thought that over for a few seconds 'cause she's only 6. And while her Mom glared at me, the little girl looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

And I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party, sweetheart."
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Mike

Amen to the above quote! Made my day ... month .. even year!

"Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

"Welcome to the Republican Party, sweetheart."

Quote Originally Posted by TWOBEERS View Post
    An employee at one of those larger stores would be waaaaay less likely to help someone scam that stuff knowing their job is one the line.

It's all bullshit, and the idiots that are defensive against the most menial controls are beyond hope. If you can't recognize how insanely moronic you are with an argument like "What, do only right wing white people get to eat cheeseburgers?" you're beyond hope. There's not a person alive that's been in the hood in Detroit that hasn't seen someone buy a bunch of junk food with the card and then buy booze and smokes with cash. All this bullshit about human dignity by letting people buy their own food is bullshit. Is it really dignified to get a free card to run a scam buying junk food because you need cash for your vices? Come on.

We spend billions on Farm subsidies to have farmers NOT grow certain foods. Instead of paying them to sit idle, we should pay them to grow acceptable foodstuffs for people that need food assistance. If you're going to blow money on two groups, might as well find some synergy. I buy big fuckin bags of Quinoa from Costco for $10 that lasts for weeks, and it's got all kinds of nutritional value.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Paul or Sanders are our only help to get this thing back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    It's all bullshit, and the idiots that are defensive against the most menial controls are beyond hope. If you can't recognize how insanely moronic you are with an argument like "What, do only right wing white people get to eat cheeseburgers?" you're beyond hope. There's not a person alive that's been in the hood in Detroit that hasn't seen someone buy a bunch of junk food with the card and then buy booze and smokes with cash. All this bullshit about human dignity by letting people buy their own food is bullshit. Is it really dignified to get a free card to run a scam buying junk food because you need cash for your vices? Come on.

We spend billions on Farm subsidies to have farmers NOT grow certain foods. Instead of paying them to sit idle, we should pay them to grow acceptable foodstuffs for people that need food assistance. If you're going to blow money on two groups, might as well find some synergy. I buy big fuckin bags of Quinoa from Costco for $10 that lasts for weeks, and it's got all kinds of nutritional value.
    Took the words out of my fingers.

DBK is always on point haha

Thread Information