Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Question for those with sport bike experience

Quote Originally Posted by MarkVIII93 View Post
    To each their own. I rode my grudge bike from Allen park to Ohio and back with no problems/comfort issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toledo? 70 miles there and back? I know some people enjoy supersports, i'll demo one someday.. Looks arent decieving, the handlebars are lower than the seat...
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    Toledo? 70 miles there and back? I know some people enjoy supersports, i'll demo one someday.. Looks arent decieving, the handlebars are lower than the seat...
    Yeah. Carbon fiber seat pan and all. Only cushion I had was my ass cheeks. Surprisingly it wasn't as bad as it sounds. Only had a 2.5 gallon tank though and some silly sprockets, so fuel stops were more frequent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RSpencer View Post
    Thanks for the input so far guys. I'd like to hear more, if possible, about any lengthy trips you have taken and how you felt after it. I know a couple of you have so far. I got looking into FZ6Rs and they have the look I want in a bike and are supposed to be better suited for longer trips.
    FZ6R's are sharp and easy riding bikes, but fwiw, i beat one on the freeway in my lightly modified BMW 335i.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Good god I just realized I idolize MSU's program.

Quote Originally Posted by RSpencer View Post
    I am looking to get into a sport bike this summer. I am 6'0" ~190 lbs. I have quite a bit of dirt bike experience (grew up with 4 strokes then got a YZ 250), which I do realize is significantly different than a sport bike. I have rode a sport bike once in my life. My question is would I be best starting out on something like a 250, or would I be able to jump into a 600 with relatively no issues. I am fully aware the 600 is going to be A LOT of bike. I am just wondering with responsibility, is it pretty easy to get used to a larger bike right out of the box. Thanks.
    600 would suit you just fine. I prefer Honda.

Just an update to this. I picked up an 09 FZ1 last weekend and love the bike so far. Very comfortable to ride, great handling and power, and fits me well size wise.

Thanks for everyones input!

636 Ninja. Most comfortable bikes ever and fastest of the 600s. Loved my ninja, I could ride for hours and not get sore like I did when I rode a honda or gsxr. The r6 I never rode longer than a 15-20 min and it was a turd kinda like the gsxr 600s. Gsxr was pretty comfy tho.

I rode a 1000 gsxr a few times and that made me realize I did not need one. 80-160 was to easy to do

PICS¿!?!?!?!??!!! Nice choice, be safe. Me and the girl rode 2up 330 miles over the weekend on my 2001 FZ1 with a good sized overnight bag. 46mpg impressed me, most of the ride was 60-70mph chugging along in 6th. We went to PoHo, around the thumb, over to bay city for the fireworks, stayed at the webster house B&B.. Great weather.

Look into all of the minor tweaks that can be done for more comfort. Seat reshaping, install a $49 cobraheat.com seat heater...... My homemade set of highway pegs are probably the best modification to date. These 2 mods allowed me to do a 1000+ mile day comfortably.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    PICS¿!?!?!?!??!!! Nice choice, be safe. Me and the girl rode 2up 330 miles over the weekend on my 2001 FZ1 with a good sized overnight bag. 46mpg impressed me, most of the ride was 60-70mph chugging along in 6th. We went to PoHo, around the thumb, over to bay city for the fireworks, stayed at the webster house B&B.. Great weather.

Look into all of the minor tweaks that can be done for more comfort. Seat reshaping, install a $49 cobraheat.com seat heater...... My homemade set of highway pegs are probably the best modification to date. These 2 mods allowed me to do a 1000+ mile day comfortably.
    Went to Bay City and didn't get ahold of me! I see what kind of guy you are! Haha

I'll have to check into the things you suggested. Need to put front brakes on it first and I'd really like to do flush mount turn signals.

Thread Information