Page 104 of 150 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1500

Thread: 2010 University of Michigan Football Thread

I removed my teeth on purpose....if you catch my drift Stalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Did you really just quote the first thing that popped up on google, a fucking blog at that?

I have to agree with swifster here. *gasp* Dick Rod didn't try to incorporate the talent he had at all. There are a lot more than what you have there. No, Carr's last year wasn't his best recruiting class. But Jesus Christ it was far and above anything Rich Rod has done. Open your eyes Ryan, wake up and smell the coffee.

Look at Zolton Mesco, Chad Henne, Jake Long, Braylon Edwards..... Rich Rod has not and never will recruit that kind of talent. Period.
    You and I aren't talking about the same point. I'm not arguing at all that Rich Rod is a disappointment. I think it's inexcusable that our kicking game is what it is. Though it's not like UM hasn't had problems with kickers in the past, just not this bad. I also am upset that our Defense is about as strong as a hookers ability to say no to crack. What I'm saying is this:

1. Under Carr, in his 13 years as head coach, he had 8 seasons which were an 8-4 season or worse. That's just over half of his seasons. Assuming Rod gets another year and he's 8-4, He's right on par with Carr's record. 50% of his seasons sucking.
    2. Carr left Richrod very little talent. Rich didn't force Mallett to leave the first season he was there, Mallett left on his own. The talent that was left was barely able to form a coherent pass route let alone win. Carr would have been at best 7-5 in 2008. Maybe 8-4 in 2009 and 10-2 this year. That's assuming his recruiting got better.
    3. No matter what you want to say about who is coach now, the entire blame for how it all happened and turned out rests on the AD. So no matter how much you loved Carr, he needed to go. His recruiting was bad, his D was bad, his play calling was weak. If he had coaching all year how he did against Florida, then we wouldn't have the record for worse upset in Div 1 A Football. The fact is that Rich Rod is here, and he deserves a full 3 years of his people in their place with his recruits. If next year there isn't an improvement, then get rid of him and we'll start all over looking for a coach which will probably be someone who doesn't run Rod's offense and as such, we'll be down for another 3 to 4 years.
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T
    '14 Druango R/T Blacktop Edition

Quote Originally Posted by stalked_R/T View Post
    You and I aren't talking about the same point. I'm not arguing at all that Rich Rod is a disappointment. I think it's inexcusable that our kicking game is what it is. Though it's not like UM hasn't had problems with kickers in the past, just not this bad. I also am upset that our Defense is about as strong as a hookers ability to say no to crack. What I'm saying is this:

1. Under Carr, in his 13 years as head coach, he had 8 seasons which were an 8-4 season or worse. That's just over half of his seasons. Assuming Rod gets another year and he's 8-4, He's right on par with Carr's record. 50% of his seasons sucking.
    2. Carr left Richrod very little talent. Rich didn't force Mallett to leave the first season he was there, Mallett left on his own. The talent that was left was barely able to form a coherent pass route let alone win. Carr would have been at best 7-5 in 2008. Maybe 8-4 in 2009 and 10-2 this year. That's assuming his recruiting got better.
    3. No matter what you want to say about who is coach now, the entire blame for how it all happened and turned out rests on the AD. So no matter how much you loved Carr, he needed to go. His recruiting was bad, his D was bad, his play calling was weak. If he had coaching all year how he did against Florida, then we wouldn't have the record for worse upset in Div 1 A Football. The fact is that Rich Rod is here, and he deserves a full 3 years of his people in their place with his recruits. If next year there isn't an improvement, then get rid of him and we'll start all over looking for a coach which will probably be someone who doesn't run Rod's offense and as such, we'll be down for another 3 to 4 years.
    1. Right on par with Carr? Really dude? Carr's WORSE season was 7-5. What's Rich Rod's worse season? I'll wait.

You really think RRod is on the same level with this? Give me a fucking break. Did you forget we went to a rose bowl in 2006?

1995 Michigan 9-4
    1996 Michigan 8-4
    1997 Michigan 12-0
    1998 Michigan 10-3
    1999 Michigan 10-2
    2000 Michigan 9ï-3
    2001 Michigan 8-4
    2002 Michigan 10-3
    2003 Michigan 10-3
    2004 Michigan 9-3
    2005 Michigan 7-5
    2006 Michigan 11-2
    2007 Michigan 9-4

2. Let me put it to you this way, you think John L. Smith left the program chalked full of talent? Look what Dantonio did, 7-6 his first year then 9-4 the next.....

Good god I just realized I idolize MSU's program.

3. Bad defense? Really Ryan? Do you think before you type?

This year Michigan has allowed an average of 33.81 points per game. Carr's last season, and arguably his WORST, they allowed 20.25 points per game.

I literally can't talk to you about this any more. Mike is right, you just don't get it.
    Last edited by jsxtreme; 11-29-2010 at 04:05 PM.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Ryan, Mallett left because he isn't mobile. Didn't have to tell anyone what his chance to start would have been. Boren didn't like the coaching staff and left. Other that weren't spread type players have sat the bench as not being 'talented'. Those who actually came for an education stayed, rode pine and got their degree. And Michigan has gone in the tank. The change to the 3-3-5 has been a disaster. This is a RichRod special. How many major programs run this style of defense. How does Michigan go from 20 something on defense to 70 something, 80 something and now 100+ in total defense?

Do I think Rich Rod is a good coach? Sure. But this wasn't the right fit. And if Harbaugh comes here, say goodbye to the spread. More Lloyd Carr offense and defense. And they'll win some games. MSU, UM, Iowa, Northwestern, Nebraska and Minnesota will be brutal, especially if Minny gets Brady Hoke from San Diego State. 4 of those teams are good now, and both UM's with Harbaugh & Hoke will make this division tougher. First team to 5-3 wins the division.

Yes, his defense was bad. What was sad was being able to predict his calls on offense. Every time he hiked the ball, I could call the play before it started. 80% of the time I was dead on right. If you think I could do that, what do you think the defensive coordinators of other teams were doing? On Defense we were in a bend don't break defense for the last half of the second and 4th quarter.

How many times were you willing to let Carr lose to App State, a 60+ ranked Notre Dame team, an inferior bowl game? The facts are simple. He needed to go. He's gone, I'm happy with that. Now focus on Rich Rod. If he's not improved by end of year 4 (which is what I've been saying all along) then get rid of him.
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T

We can talk hypotheticals all day. What I do know is that Carr is gladly gone and now we're trying to figure out if Rodriguez will be around next year or thereafter.
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T

Well I disagree with you wholeheartedly Ryan. It's time for him to go. The Rich Rod experiment failed, miserably. You can't deny that the team has the worse fundamentals of any Michigan team you or I have ever seen. Compound that with embarrassing losses, a non existent defense, and NCAA violations, he's gone. We'll just have to agree to disagree, and leave it at that.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Drinking the LoLions Kool Aid CRASH's Avatar

I'm not on the RR bandwagon, but I think the guy needs to stay at least 1-2 more years. Hey, the man's making progress. Two shitty years/losing seasons with a complete turnover in system and roster. Year three, at least it's a winning record and hitting a bowl game. If it weren't for the bowl game or winning 6+ games, he'd be gone hands down because that's intolerable for a program like Michigan to not be in a bowl game year after year. It's the simple facts.

RR has a good, YOUNG team that's capable of big things once it gets its shit together. One, two tops more recruiting classes and Michigan may have the potential to be on par with the major programs again, but it takes time and work, and I'll give RR that and he's pouring his heart and soul into this thing. You fire him now, bring in a new coach and a new system AGAIN, then we are going to go through the same house cleaning that happened after Lloyd left. Gotta find players that fit the system, and weed out the ones that don't. Personally, I think it's ridiculous of the carousel thats been going on down there. Give it time. They don't make any progress next year, then that's different, but I think that they will.

And Ryan, everybody knows what the spread offense is doing anyhow. The key part is having the correct personnel to be able to pull it off regardless. I bet the playbook is as thin as a piece of paper. Defense on the other hand, they need to switch back to a base 4-3 cover 2 and get some size. Get rid of that 3-3-5 nonsense asap. Our lineman and LBs get tossed around like rag dolls out there.
    -DAN
    2001 GTP Turbocharged 505hp @ 21psi SOLD!!!
    2010 Camaro SS2/RS Black w/Cyber Gray stripes *sold*
    2017 Camaro SS/1LE Mosaic Black Metallic

i dunno about all this turnaround business for RR. it seems like that if it weren't for Denard, michigans offensive would have been as bad as the defense. he is just very lucky to have him. i wonder what tate's stats are vs. denards this year? anyone have those numbers?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Good god I just realized I idolize MSU's program.

well, they're both 0-1 versus OSU.........

Drinking the LoLions Kool Aid CRASH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MxRacerCam View Post
    i dunno about all this turnaround business for RR. it seems like that if it weren't for Denard, michigans offensive would have been as bad as the defense. he is just very lucky to have him. i wonder what tate's stats are vs. denards this year? anyone have those numbers?
    ok?

That's why Denard was brought here. He's young and this was his first time as a bonafide starter at this level. He's had growing pains and injuries and such, but he's capable of great things. Nobody really knew prior to this year other than a few flashes, but since he's solidified himself as the starter and as a competent one at that, other areas can be focused on now.
    -DAN
    2001 GTP Turbocharged 505hp @ 21psi SOLD!!!
    2010 Camaro SS2/RS Black w/Cyber Gray stripes *sold*
    2017 Camaro SS/1LE Mosaic Black Metallic

Thread Information