Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Ex-teacher sentanced to 1-15 years

Default My Ex-teacher sentanced to 1-15 years

My ex-teacher had an affair with one of my classmates in my senior year of high school. I actually had class with her and the teacher in the same period.

http://www.hometownlife.com/apps/pbc...EWS02/70306010

Ex-teacher gets 1-15 for affair with student
    By Jay M. Grossman
    Staff Writer

Her voice wavered, but the words were loud and clear.

“Because of Dennis Carter, I feel cheated out of life,” the victim told the court. “Every day is a struggle, like I’m running uphill.”

The former Seaholm High student read from a prepared statement at Carter’s sentencing before Oakland County Circuit Court Judge Rae Lee Chabot on Tuesday.

Carter, 53, a longtime teacher and swim coach at Seaholm, will serve 1-15 years in prison under a plea bargain agreement in which he admitted guilt to having a sexual relationship with the victim that started in 2003.

At the time, the victim was a 16-year-old senior at Seaholm. Michigan law prohibits teachers from starting a relationship with a student until the student reaches 18 years old.

She waited more than two years before reporting the incident to Birmingham police. Criminal charges were filed against Carter in 2006 and he resigned from the district in March.

Now a 19-year-old college student, she spoke publicly about the case for the first time Tuesday.

She was a 13-year-old freshman at Seaholm and member of the school’s swim team when she first met Carter. Looking back, she said it’s clear that Carter tried from the start to cultivate a personal relationship with her.

They began meeting secretly in August of 2003. Investigators say the two agreed to rendezvous at Royal Oak Memorial Park near 13 Mile and Woodward, where they would then drive off to a more discreet location in Carter’s mini-van.

To keep their meetings a secret, Carter bought a cell phone for her and a plastic cover to conceal the license plate number of her car.

“I was so young, how was I supposed to know what he was capable of,” she told the court. “Dennis made me lie to my family. He isolated me from my mother, the one person who could have helped me the most ... he bashed my dad and brainwashed me into thinking things that weren’t true.”

The relationship continued through most of her senior year at Seaholm, before she decided to break it off.

She said she spent a year in therapy and required anti-depressant medication to help erase the memories.

“Not one part of me is left untouched,” she said. “I’ll never be the same, I’ll never be the girl I was before. He made my hometown one of the most uncomfortable place on earth.”

She also told the court of the personal price she paid for getting involved with Carter.

“You can only lose you virginity once, yet I feel my loss of innocence every day,” she said. “It’s an event I was suppose to choose when I was ready, and I wasn’t ready.”
    She then aimed her final words directly at Carter, who stood only a few feet away from her with his head bowed to the floor.

“If he truly regretted what he did, it never would have happened in the first place,” she said. “Every day you’re in prison I want you to remember why you’re there.”

Carter himself also spoke up for the first time.

“I just want to express how sorry I am,” he told the court. “I was the adult — as things changed I should have stopped things immediately. I lost everything I worked for.”
    As part of the plea bargain agreement, Carter will pay $4,825 in restitution. He’s also required to send $5 a week to a sexual abuse clinic chosen by the victim’s family to serve as a reminder of the wrongful act he committed.

Defense attorney Jerome Sabbota and prosecutor Nicki Weisberger each said they do not plan to appeal the sentence.

of the chick
    If I had money like Henry Ford, Lord I’d have me a woman on every road, But someday baby,You ain’t worry my life anymore

People say he's a nice, but they also said that about Ted Bundy

<----Jesus loves you, but I think you're a cunt

Too bad the death penalty doesn't apply.

Club Member

a teacher at my school did basicly the same thing.

When the girl was a freshman, she was going through a tough time. She had moved up to MI from out of state to live with one of her parents and 2 step brothers. Come to find out, the stepbrothers were abusing her, and she sought counseling from the teacher.

After being seen quite a bit together, and many rumors; at the end of the school year the teacher resigned. I found out later on, they they had gotten married; and she was pregnant.

The teacher was late 40's to 50, and she was 16 when they met. Too bad he never got caught.
    rod442
    2012 Ninja ZX14R XCLR8
    2005 Saab 92x SAABARU
    2000 Formula m6 INCONTT
    1988 Mustang LX 5LTRLX

We had a teacher that think did that with boys. No Joke! CLC85TA probably knows who I'm talking about
    -Tom
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Q
    They've changed their tune, they've changed their pill. We've given...I've bent over. No ones even spit on it yet!

Everyone always joked about how he gave every female "special attention" but I would have never guessed he actually had sex with her. I can't find a pic of her online but I can scan one of my yearbooks when I get home. She was very young for her grade, possibly younger than people in the grade below her. He has been hitting on girls well before this incident. My brother remembers cracking jokes about the teacher and actually got in trouble for it once. He was in a science class with Carter as a teacher demonstrating leverage. The teacher had a girl from the class demonstrate mechanical advantage by using a fulcrum on a board picking each other up. My brother then said in a loud enough voice for him to hear "You've always been good at picking up little girls".

God, I hope I never have any girls when I have children, always have to be on the lookout no matter where they are.

Ok what the teacher did was totally wrong...He was the adult and should have known better for sure...

But am I the only one who thinks the girl should except some responsibility for her actions??? I mean she was 16. I know at 16 I knew the difference between right and wrong. That doesn't always means I choose the right thing but I took my punishments like an adult....

murph
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by lethalss
    God, I hope I never have any girls when I have children, always have to be on the lookout no matter where they are.
    I think about it everyday as I have a Daughter in 1st grade... My uncle has 3 girls 22,20, and 17(I have posted them here - no I wont again) and I dont know how he does it as they are all very beautiful! It is all in how you raise them.... be open with them and hope they make the right choices.
    ****MATT*****

Among the phrases I use at the titty bar are:

"Daddy's little girl all grown up"

It doesn't matter how well you raise your children they are going to make mistakes. Some worse then others.

I'm not saying he was right. Of course he should have let some of the teenage boys knock the back out of it. He had an unfair advantage.

*Yes I understand I'm going to hell in a hand basket*
    If I had money like Henry Ford, Lord I’d have me a woman on every road, But someday baby,You ain’t worry my life anymore

People say he's a nice, but they also said that about Ted Bundy

<----Jesus loves you, but I think you're a cunt

Thread Information